- avalonia320 likes this
- obliviouspoptart likes this
- baustille likes this
- dancealongpond reblogged this from childishgrin
- magicknightumi likes this
- benadryl-anecdotes likes this
- gamergirl929 likes this
- b0dy-snatchers likes this
- lady-from-the-lab likes this
- carletoncolton likes this
- sistydia likes this
- kerthiya-the-hunter likes this
- ask-test-subject-alex likes this
- magnificentwatson likes this
- newendingforhilo likes this
- gegettethelibrarian likes this
- dhampir72 likes this
- phoenixempress likes this
- purpequeenblackmagicalgirl reblogged this from childishgrin
- skypalacearchitect reblogged this from childishgrin
- fy-perspectives likes this
- sensumpan likes this
- dude-my-cat-is-awesome likes this
- bibliomatsuri reblogged this from childishgrin and added:
- bibliomatsuri likes this
- nemmoi808 reblogged this from childishgrin
- nemmoi808 likes this
- shagshhire likes this
- eternal-dragon-fire likes this
- its-someone reblogged this from childishgrin
- its-someone likes this
- enigmatic-escapist likes this
- lonqueer likes this
- hiddlesauce likes this
- cupcakehippiex3 likes this
- juliegg3 likes this
- finnishchristmas likes this
- basaltrek likes this
- kiss-me-more-do-kyungsoo likes this
- slytherinsadistangel likes this
- delicatedaggers likes this
- emperorofchangsha likes this
- dancealongpond likes this
- junblah likes this
- miss-lestrudel reblogged this from childishgrin
- myfaveunsaretaken likes this
- natureg45 reblogged this from childishgrin
- nemukk likes this
- nutellasama likes this
- dolphelecat reblogged this from childishgrin
How to do a text cut/”read more” on tumblr
Create a regular text post. You can even go into an already existing one and edit it.
Then type/put in whatever you wanted to post here. Ok? OK! (Ignore the repeated words in my screencap. FML.)
Once you’re done, choose what you want to hide under a cut. Click right before the first letter of that part to have the “blinking text cursor” placed there.
Then click on the 2nd button from the right, next to the “html” button.
[EDIT] THE ICON’S BEEN CHANGED
A dotted line and “READ MORE” will appear right above the line where your text cursor was.
Everything of this post after the “read more” line will be put under a cut. On their dashboard, your followers will only to have to click on the link of your post to go to your entire entry. Visitors who go directly on tumblr will also need to do the same thing but the advantage of this is that it won’t clutter your tumblr or your followers’ dashboards.
Click “create post” (or “save changes” if you’re editing an existing post). This is what it’ll look like on the dashboard once you’re done:
[EDIT] If for some reason you’re missing the “read more” option/button
- you most likely have the wrong box checked in your preferences:
Click on “account" at the top of your dash and go to "preferences" then check what you have at "edit posts using”. The option chosen should be “rich text editor”. Don’t forget to save preferences once done.
That should fix it. [/EDIT]
And guess what?! YOU’RE DONE!
Feel free to reblog with proper credits…
Take out/erase any texts, tags/watermarks and/or credits and YOU. SHALL. DIE.