- fitzandthetampons likes this
- fitzandthetampons reblogged this from childishgrin
- love-is-drowning reblogged this from childishgrin and added:
- fahrlight likes this
- danguy96 likes this
- papirouge likes this
- imagine-emblem likes this
- nevazar-ambitions likes this
- the-crude-sophisticate likes this
- sendezeit likes this
- party-porsche likes this
- umbralrain likes this
- thefrogandthecow likes this
- megaweeniemondays likes this
- deanlearnerspixellatederection likes this
- askancegaze likes this
- natarisaru likes this
- forever-a-hybrid likes this
- ms-viewer-thinker likes this
- tigers-with-roses likes this
- oswaldpinks likes this
- parkxsorax likes this
- in-freedom-we-find-sin likes this
- briannanov95 likes this
- nathyfaith likes this
- maretterra likes this
- wednezdazed likes this
- alicezap likes this
- driventoqueers likes this
- svwgf777 likes this
- a-little-bi-furious likes this
- itschristinechapel reblogged this from childishgrin
- i-photosynthesize likes this
- cirquedufrock likes this
- animeluvruniverse likes this
- snowdropsandtigers likes this
- scapeghost likes this
- bookiemo likes this
- junjouchara likes this
- sheebal likes this
- nobunagarises likes this
- thedementedlamb likes this
- ensorcelant-escrimeur likes this
- tommyuchiha likes this
- heiyapumpkin likes this
- spooploops likes this
- agileo-101 likes this
- viaearlobe likes this
- castle-all-day-erryday likes this
How to do a text cut/”read more” on tumblr
Create a regular text post. You can even go into an already existing one and edit it.
Then type/put in whatever you wanted to post here. Ok? OK! (Ignore the repeated words in my screencap. FML.)
Once you’re done, choose what you want to hide under a cut. Click right before the first letter of that part to have the “blinking text cursor” placed there.
Then click on the 2nd button from the right, next to the “html” button.
[EDIT] THE ICON’S BEEN CHANGED
A dotted line and “READ MORE” will appear right above the line where your text cursor was.
Everything of this post after the “read more” line will be put under a cut. On their dashboard, your followers will only to have to click on the link of your post to go to your entire entry. Visitors who go directly on tumblr will also need to do the same thing but the advantage of this is that it won’t clutter your tumblr or your followers’ dashboards.
Click “create post” (or “save changes” if you’re editing an existing post). This is what it’ll look like on the dashboard once you’re done:
[EDIT] If for some reason you’re missing the “read more” option/button
- you most likely have the wrong box checked in your preferences:
Click on “account" at the top of your dash and go to "preferences" then check what you have at "edit posts using”. The option chosen should be “rich text editor”. Don’t forget to save preferences once done.
That should fix it. [/EDIT]
And guess what?! YOU’RE DONE!
Feel free to reblog with proper credits…
Take out/erase any texts, tags/watermarks and/or credits and YOU. SHALL. DIE.