- another-new-yorker likes this
- setinreality likes this
- chocotte likes this
- sihthappens likes this
- danny-alarc0n reblogged this from rinlockhart
- danny-alarc0n likes this
- katsukat likes this
- miryuuchan likes this
- shiningspinda reblogged this from rinlockhart
- rinlockhart reblogged this from childishgrin
- xxthemermaidinwonderlandxoxo likes this
- hi-host likes this
- a-plate-full-of-nothing likes this
- attainlove reblogged this from childishgrin
- holidaysonata likes this
- lukas-stava likes this
- shamrrock reblogged this from childishgrin
- shamrrock likes this
- dear-insanityxx likes this
- corrosivesiren likes this
- thedaughterofangelsandemons likes this
- the-place-amidst-sleep-and-awake likes this
- curlyqshoo likes this
- deathbatontheloose likes this
- sdcfan98 reblogged this from childishgrin
- sdcfan98 likes this
- pods-of-uranus likes this
- alice-falls-down likes this
- mzverlac likes this
- baaaahk likes this
- candymanico likes this
- the-lady-aridette likes this
- euphoriette likes this
- misssicilyzane likes this
- bleurghered likes this
- shenanigauges likes this
- keinwortz likes this
- myvanishingfootprints likes this
- zeheal-arbum likes this
- sammydawns likes this
- masterppv likes this
- kairedart likes this
- mayorkatt likes this
- merelatio likes this
- flawlessending likes this
- theajaneharper likes this
- the-perks-of-being-a-fangirl2 reblogged this from childishgrin
- the-perks-of-being-a-fangirl2 likes this
- thegoodthebadandthetimelord likes this
- kurotsubasa likes this
How to do a text cut/”read more” on tumblr
Create a regular text post. You can even go into an already existing one and edit it.
Then type/put in whatever you wanted to post here. Ok? OK! (Ignore the repeated words in my screencap. FML.)
Once you’re done, choose what you want to hide under a cut. Click right before the first letter of that part to have the “blinking text cursor” placed there.
Then click on the 2nd button from the right, next to the “html” button.
[EDIT] THE ICON’S BEEN CHANGED
A dotted line and “READ MORE” will appear right above the line where your text cursor was.
Everything of this post after the “read more” line will be put under a cut. On their dashboard, your followers will only to have to click on the link of your post to go to your entire entry. Visitors who go directly on tumblr will also need to do the same thing but the advantage of this is that it won’t clutter your tumblr or your followers’ dashboards.
Click “create post” (or “save changes” if you’re editing an existing post). This is what it’ll look like on the dashboard once you’re done:
[EDIT] If for some reason you’re missing the “read more” option/button
- you most likely have the wrong box checked in your preferences:
Click on “account" at the top of your dash and go to "preferences" then check what you have at "edit posts using”. The option chosen should be “rich text editor”. Don’t forget to save preferences once done.
That should fix it. [/EDIT]
And guess what?! YOU’RE DONE!
Feel free to reblog with proper credits…
Take out/erase any texts, tags/watermarks and/or credits and YOU. SHALL. DIE.